Did your cat do a bad poop, run from the litter box and leave a trail of poo throughout the house? Well mine has done this a few times and it’s always a panic to get it cleaned up before the whole apartment smells like poop. After a bit of trial and error, I present to you my method for cleaning up my cats poop using regular household products!
- 1 tbs Vinegar
- 1 tbs dish soap (make sure there is no bleach!)
- 1 ½ cup water
- Bicarb soda
- Wet wipes and paper towel
- A glove
- A spray bottle
- Pick up excess poop with a glove and flush, do not let it sit because it might stain!
- Use a wet paper towel or baby wipe to wipe excess poop off carpet fibres.
- Mix vinegar, dish soap, and water into a spray bottle and spray area liberally and blot area with paper towel until poop colour is gone.
- Wet area with cold water and blot it up with a cloth to get rid of cleaning solution.
- Once dried, sprinkle bicarb soda over area and leave for 10 minutes to soak up any bad smells and then vacuum up the last remaining memory of your cat’s bathroom disaster.
Keep any leftover cleaning solution in a cupboard out of direct sunlight and empty out any unused liquid after 3 months.
Always check solution on a small part of the carpet first to make sure it won’t affect the colour.
Also make sure there is no ammonia in the detergent as well because that will encourage the cat to pee there because it smells like pee.